"Zora - 1887" Community Centre


Ten years after the Liberation from Turks conditions for building a community centre were developed. Among the agricultural development and trade industry growth, the common desire for enlightening began. Leaded with this desire and as the example of the villages Mussina, Bjala Cherkva and Mihalci, the young men from Gorna Lipnitsa visited the evening school. There they gave knowledge about common stuff and news for the political events in the country. Thus they reached up to the idea for building a community centre. Not until 1887 did they make a real job about that when in Gorna Lipnitsa came the teacher Dimitur Nikolov from Veliko Turnovo. He was extremely enlightened and shared his opinions for building a community centre with a support by local peasants. On January 19, 1887 he leaded a speech for the necessity of enlightening.

The Statue of the new Community Centre was a copy of this one in Bjala Cherkva, and the member tax per year was 0, 20 stotinki. The monastery school was an appropriate building. In its other half was the Communal management and in the same yard was the church. After going to the church people used to go in the library there or finding some other items. It was open all the time and the reading-room, too.

Subsequently the minimal member tax became not enough for delivering newspapers, magazines and books for reading. The Community Centre management organized an activity for gathering in kind wheat and when they sold it they bought read literature. The warming and lights support came from the Commune. The cultural figures searched for a permanent source of money. For this they directed to obtaining immovable properties. The sums from the rent were used for paying the monthly expenses and even gathering money for a found “Construction of the Community Centre”.

The interior of the Community Centre then consisted of a cupboard with books, a big table, over which were newspapers, benches and some chairs. Up to now many book and editions are being saved from the Library. Among them are a “Trud” magazine form 1887 and “ Oralo” magazine for the same year as well as many books that were gifted by respectful citizens in Veliko Turnovo, Svishtov and the regional villages. For enriching the library found, the management of the community centre published statements that they sent to respectful and wealthy persons in the regional towns and villages.

Both Balkanic and First World War brought to stopping the development of the Libraries’ activity and the enlightening for Gorna Lipnitsa people. Even though, after the end of work, they did evening occupations that were called, for much more respect, a Rural University. There people leaded lectures, causeries reports of agricultural and economic type, healthy and educational items. They played scenes such as “ Hushove”, “Under the Slavery”, “ The bells of Kliment Ohridski” and many others. Imperceptibly, two theater grops were formed and the plays were performed many times for the large interest of people. The theater group even was guest artists on other villages.

For being a good interior in the community centre were made big efforts. Conducted by the teacher Ivan Voivodo, the whole library literature was bandaged. In this activity, including all teachers and scholars from the junior high school. Even not large, the books found impressed very much the teachers. The number of the readers grew yearly as of such interest was the historical and fiction.

Today’s building of the Community Centre “Zora” is located just next to the centre of the village. It was started for construction not until after 1944. As it was necessary to gather much money and construction stuff, and the gathering of money was not so easy, people in Gorna Lipnitsa staked on the voluntary self-taxation. There were many troubles still, but on May 7, 1957 the representative of the Community Centre Nicolai Serafimov with a brief announcement wished a successful work, and the master-builder Bojan Nikolov laid the first stone of the foundation building. In the end of 1961 the construction was completely finished and on November 5, that year, it was open.

At the new building there are enough premises for cultural-enlightening activity. The book found was continuously expanded. Now it starts to strengthen and a fiction self-activity.

left corner right corner